A – General information
When it comes to dental health, there are so many problems that we need to fix as they dramatically affect our lives; Gingivitis is the most common one. This health issue is not at all serious. However, it is common and happens to many people. It changes our lives in a more negative direction because it prevents us from eating or drinking anything.
This dental issue is widely known as one of the most common types of gum disease. Gum disease will follow with redness, irritation, and in the last stage is swelling. In another perspective, this is considered a periodontal disease. Once this health issue develops, there will be inflammation, and even in the worse case, there will be damaging tissue in this case, Who will weaken teeth health.
There are so many causes leading to Gingivitis. The most common one is probably the buildup of plaque deposits within your teeth. There also have sticky material that creates mucus and food debris that is not cleared the right way. Due to this, bacteria will develop then exposed to your tooth; thus, plague and tooth decay also develop. Moreover, there will be more reasons directly leading to this dental issue: poor dental hygiene, diabetes and even pregnancy.
Anyone can get Gingivitis, therefore, you better watch out and then avoid all those mentioned reasons if you do not want to get this.
B – How to treat Gingivitis
The number one factor you need to go for is to leave out all triggering reasons leading to this health issue, taking on new healthy oral habits. You better brush your teeth twice a day – the morning as you wake up and the night before going to bed. Also, it would help if you used mouthwash to kill all live-in bacteria. However, it is to avoid Gingivitis. In case you want to get rid of this, there are natural home remedies to apply at home. These are tried and tested natural home remedies that work at minimum cost. The best part of applying natural ways is that they are simple to apply and leave no side effect.
Following are five common remedies you can try:
Turmeric powder is good when it comes to infected disease. The key property to treat Gingivitis is curcumin, which is also antioxidants and anti-inflammatory that works wonders to reduce plaque, swelling, pain, and inflammation in the last stages of Gingivitis. If you have redness and swelling gums, this will play such a good ingredient to relieve the pain and kill bacteria causing this health issue.
How to apply:
- In a bowl, mix a few teaspoons of turmeric powder with warm water.
- Mix them well and add a few drops of lemon (if you prefer).
- Before brushing your teeth, swishing this mixture around for 5 minutes, few times.
- After that, brush your teeth as usual and swishing your mouth with pure water.
Do this every day, once a day; then, you will find a satisfactory result within a few weeks.
When it comes to a dental issue, salt would be a really good treatment. There are anti-inflammatories and anti-bacteria in salt that help fight against bacterial and reduce swelling. Therefore, it reduces swelling and gum inflamed.
It would help if you swished your mouth twice a day, every day, with saltwater.
- In a cup, add a few teaspoons of salt and dilute with warm water.
- Mix them well together, then swish in your mouth
- You can do this every day or twice a day.
In case you do not have time to dilute salt water every day, you can dilute them in a big bottle to use later on.
3. Oil Pulling
This method is such a miracle for most dental health issues, including Gingivitis. This method can be used for many gum-related diseases as it can help fight off bacterial and excess mucus within your mouth.
In case you are not under any dental health disease, oil pulling can also help you maintain good dental health.
- Put in one teaspoon of coconut oil or sesame oil (the one that is available in your kitchen)
- Swish around within your mouth and leave it there for 5 minutes.
- After that brushing your teeth as usual.
- You can repeat this process every morning as you wake up.
4. Baking Soda
This baking powder could be used as a method to treat Gingivitis mainly because it can neutralize acids within the mouth and clean the gums. Thanks to this, it can also prevent tooth decay. Here is how to
- In a cup, add tablespoon baking soda, then add a few teaspoons of water.
- Mix them well to have the paste; then, you can either rub your gum or use the paste to brush your teeth.
- Leave it, therefore, for 30 minutes, then wash off well with warm water.
- Perform this method every day or at least three times a week.
- Remember not to rub onto the areas of the gums that hurt directly.
This ingredient has been quite famous for being rich in antibacterial and antiseptics ingredient. Thanks to this, it can surely relieve the symptoms of swelling (if any) caused by Gingivitis. Also, you do not have to worry about inflammation, and bad bacteria initiate this health issue. It would help if you washed your mouth with peppermint leaves every day.
- Choose fresh cloves of peppermint leave and boil them with water.
- Leave the mixture to cool down, then wash your mouth twice a day.
Another option is to crush peppermint leaves and mix them with baking powder to use as your toothpaste.